Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Different Kind of Post


Can you believe that this time next week Christmas will be over and we will be looking forward to the New Year’s holiday?

I thought I’d feature a different kind of post today. I have some photos that I’ve been wanting to share with you and today seem like a good time. Only one set is Christmas-related, but I thought you might enjoy non-Christmas images as well.

moonThese first two photos were taken this past Monday night. It was a full moon and from what I read on the internet, it was the smallest full moon of the year. 


I caught a glimpse of it through these trees with the halo around it and couldn’t resist. It just looked like a mystery moon to me. It looks of mystery, mayhem and murder. What do you think?

moon 2
The next photo was taken back in October. It was such a beautiful morning sky. It’s another photo that spoke to me of mystery and intrigue. Any thoughts from you?
blue sky
I had to share a photo of our three English Shepherd puppies. And yes, they are still puppies. This photo was taken last month when they were nine months old. They won’t get much taller, but they will fill out a bit. 

After we lost Brisco, we had to have another English Shepherd and decided that one puppy would be lonely so we should get two. We found these – two brothers and a half-brother.
the gang
It was hard to leave one behind thus we brought all three home. They are (left to right) Eli (from Eli’s Coming), Sundance (from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid) and Jeremiah (from Jeremiah Johnson). Eli and Jeremiah are the brothers and Sundance is the half-brother.

Finally I will close with the only Christmas-related photos I have. These are Christmas cactus that began blooming earlier this month and are still blooming.
Christmas catcus
Christmas catcus 3
Christmas catcus 2
Hope everyone is have a safe and productive Saturday before Christmas. Thanks for stopping by today.

19 comments:

  1. Hi Mason .. your moon photos are gorgeous .. I thought the moon this week was in front of the clouds - it just appeared so .. obviously wasn't. Your cloud photo looks a little like an imprint of the west of England - Cornwall and Wales ... but great shot too ... then the pups - aren't they lovely .. and I'm glad they were kept together and now live with a loving family ... Happy Christmas and New Year, while the Christmas cactus must lighten up your home ... beautiful - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well. I love that my blue sky photo looks like an imprint of the west of England. Thanks for the kind words about the pups. They are a sight.

      Delete
  2. I love these kinds of posts! Bless you for adopting all three babies. They're beautiful boys.

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, I hope your Christmas is merry and your New Year wonderful as well. The boys are something else. Together they are a handful, but one-on-one they are completely different.

      Delete
  3. Mason - Those are absolutely lovely 'photos! I adore those puppies, and those flowers are gorgeous. And those 'photos of the moon - haunting! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margot, thank you for the kinds words about the photos. I thought the photos of the moon were a bit haunting too. The flowers amaze me each year blooming in December. As for the puppies, they were just so cute it was hard to leave one behind so we got 3 when we really only need 1. :)

      Delete
  4. I can see the picture of the moon on the cover of a book. My night-time pictures never turn out good - that one is amazing. Of course my favorite is the puppies. Adorable.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, oh the visions of characters the thought of the moon photo on a book brings to mind. Normally my night photos turn out very blurry.

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos--especially like the one of the boys. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LSUReader, Merry Christmas to you as well. Thanks for the kind words about the photos.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful pictures!! Enjoy Christmas with your new furbabies!! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda, thank you for the kind words about the photos. I'm looking forward to seeing the pups open their Christmas presents. Merry Christmas to you.

      Delete
  7. Karen, thank you so much for the kind words about the moon photos. It was one of those times that I just couldn't resist trying a photo even though my photo equipment isn't the best for night shots. You're welcome to a copy of it off the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your moon pictures are definitely creepy. That would make a great book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your moon shots are gorgeous! Happy to see someone can keep a cactus alive. I've killed every one I've owned.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The night picture of the moon through the trees makes me think of an eyeball.

    Your doggies are so adorable. What a great thing.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The puppies are so cute. : ) I've always wanted a Christmas cactus. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos, especially of the moon, eerie but yet beautiful. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Based on the names yu chose for your lucky dogs (good for you for taking all three and not breaking them up!), I sense a kindred spirit. Great choices.
    Libby

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.