Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Quilt Or Innocence by Elizabeth Craig


9780451237330I enjoy thrillers and chillers, but there’s just something about a cozy murder mystery with a theme that always draws me back.

Born and raised a Southern, when that theme involves quilting it brings back memories of my childhood. Throw in a murder mystery and a cast of zany characters and you have the makings of a fun read.

QUILT OR INNOCENCE by Elizabeth Craig fits this bill perfectly.

Retired art museum curator Beatrice Coleman moves to the quiet town of Dappled Hills, N.C., to be near her daughter, Piper. Leaving the big city of Atlanta behind, Beatrice soon learns life is much different in a small mountain village.

Knowing all there is to know about quilts, except how to make them, Beatrice quickly finds herself a member of the Village Quilters Guild. Just when she’s catching up on the local gossip Judith, the landlord of the Patchwork Cottage quilt shop, is found dead. It seems everyone loved to hate her. Now Beatrice has to use her expert eye to catch the killer.

Author Elizabeth Craig has captured the essence of a small town with its zany characters, quirky ways, endless gossip, and helpful neighbors. Beatrice Coleman is a mature protagonist with a fun personality. The cast of supporting characters are unique and well-developed creating a neighborhood that is realistic and caring with an odd ball or two for fun.

The action is fast-pace with twists and turns and a long list of suspects that will keep you guessing until the last stitch. Like Beatrice, you don’t have to know how to quilt to enjoy this delightful book.

QUILT OR INNOCENCE is the first installment in the Southern Quilting Mystery series and gets the series off to a great start. The book also includes quilting tips and yummy recipes. In addition, readers have a sneak peek at the next installment in the series scheduled for release in early 2013.  

Quilt Or Innocence by Elizabeth Craig, A Southern Quilting Mystery, Obsidian, @2012, ISBN: 978-0451237330, Paperback, 304 Pages 

FTC Full Disclosure - This book was sent to me by the publisher in hopes I would review it. However, receiving the complimentary copy did not influence my review.
 
Do you enjoy cozies with a theme? What is your favorite theme or do you have several? Thanks as always for stopping by. Remember to be safe and happy celebrating the holiday this week.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so country that I like so many different themes but mostly things that I enjoy: Quilting, Antiguing, House remodeling and the list goes on.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read several of Elizabeth's books and they're fabulous. I love her characters - so real and unique! Looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a wonderful book. I love Elizabeth's BBQ series, so this one is definitely going on my summer reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like almost all cozies. This one was a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cozies! I recently got my Mom hooked on them--you should see her "stash"!
    By the way--just wanted to say I adore your blog and have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. If interested, you can read the nomination here http://rcponders.wordpress.com/2012/07/02/versatile-blogger-award-thank-you-2/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cozies with nice recipes and crochet. I love how cozies put those in. I'm like you, I prefer the thrillers though.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.