Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Salon: SLEIGHT OF PAW by Sofie Kelly

1242485_procelain_cup_and_coffe_2 
Another week has flown by and it’s time to once again gather for Sunday Salon where we talk about books we’ve enjoyed.

The book I have to share with you today is a cozy murder mystery with a touch of paranormal, tons of fun, and two adorable cats.

SLEIGHT OF PAW by Sofie Kelly

If you’re a cat lover, what could be more fun than having two furry9780451234537 felines with magical abilities?

Librarian Kathleen ‘Kath’ Paulson first thought her mind was playing tricks on her when Owen and Hercules followed her home. She soon realized Hercules really could walk through walls and Owen could turn invisible.

The cats unique abilities comes in handy when retired school teacher Agatha Shepherd is found murdered. Kath’s friend, Ruby, is arrested for the murder. It’s up to the magical cats and Kath to track down the real killer.

SLEIGHT OF PAW is a whimsical cozy mystery that’s a fun read from beginning to end. Author Sofie Kelly has created lovable characters that will entertain you while keeping you guessing who the real killer is.

This is the second installment in the Magical Cats Mystery series, but is a stand alone book. The first installment in the series is CURIOSITY THRILLED THE CAT.

Author Sofie Kelly’s website is www.sofiekelly.com. Sofie Kelly is the pseudonym of Darlene Ryan, a young adult writer and mixed-media artist. 

Sleight of Paw by Sofie Kelly, A Magical Cats Mystery, Obsidian, @2011, ISBN: 9780451234537, Paperback, 336 pages

FTC Full Disclosure - This book was sent to me by the publisher in hopes I would review it. However, receiving the complimentary copy did not influence my review.


8 comments:

  1. Catching up with your fantastic reviews! I like the snowman book. And I can recommend Watching Willow Watts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique twist on a cozy mystery! This one sounds truly fun...thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you could visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure know A LOT of cat people who would love this one!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mason - Thanks for this review :-). This definitely sounds like a mystery for those who love cats! And I'm already curious about how it is that Owen and Hercules can do what they do. Intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not surprised this is a good read, because let's face it ... Cats rule :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magical cats? I thought they all were magical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that title -- Curiosity Thrilled the Cat -- Great. As always thanks for the heads up on good reads.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished this one last night and really enjoyed it. You have to stretch your imagination a bit with this one, but it's fun. It's even better if you read the first one and then this one. They are both fast reads.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.