Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fall Leaves

Trying to think of a post this morning, my mind was jumbled with ideas that wouldn't come together. I thought of several topics, but nothing would complete itself.

While thinking about all the Christmas decorations that are out in stores, Christmas movies on TV and Christmas music already playing on the radio, I decided to share a bit of fall with everyone.

I live in the Northwest Georgia mountains, Rome to be exact. Where we are the leave have been beautiful. Granted a lot of people from here drive to the "mountains" (Blue Ridge, Helen, etc.) an hour or so away to see fall leaves. I think they just want to get away from home for awhile.

Like I said, our leaves have been beautiful. However, this past week we had four inches of rain followed by almost two days of winds blowing from 10 to 20 miles an hour. So the leaves aren't looking quite as good anymore.


I want to share some photos I took last week of the leaves. There are also a couple with our cats playing around a tree in the yard. I'm afraid the photos don't do the leaves justice. They were bright and beautiful this year.


Hope you enjoy these.

Check back tomorrow. I plan to post my review of "Pretty Is As Pretty Dies" by Elizabeth Spann Craig.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics!

    Are y'all drying out at all? Today is the first day we've seen the sun in NC. That tropical storm was brutal!

    Elizabeth
    Mystery Writing is Murder

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have some sunshine today, but it's suppose to turn cloudy off and on until Tuesday when the rain comes back. I'm almost afraid to wish for dryer weather since we've been in a drought for so long but we could use a few days without rain.
    Sounds like your weather is a lot like ours.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's post. Thanks for dropping by.